We will not collect any information about you unless it is specifically and knowingly provided by you.
1. PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
2. HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
Through our online services we collect information about our customers via email newsletter requests, order forms, correspondence with you via emails, telephone calls or otherwise, forms you fill in on our site, product registration forms, other social media functions on our site, competitions and via cookies. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs. A cookie is a file that your web browser places on your computer's hard disk for record keeping purposes. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. The cookie does not store any credit/debit card information or password details.
Where we send you information electronically, we do review whether the communication has been opened and whether you have clicked on any links in the communication. This is because we want to make sure that our communications are useful for you.
The Brinsea Products Ltd website uses SagePay and industry-standard SSL to provide secure credit card transactions. SSL is a communications protocol for transmitting private information over the internet. It works by encrypting data that is transmitted over the SSL connection. When you place an order, your credit/debit card information is encrypted and then sent over the internet using an SSL connection. No one can read or access the data that is being transmitted. For us to process your order over the telephone, we need to know your name, email address, address the card is registered to, delivery address, credit/debit card number, security code and expiry date and a telephone number (preferably a mobile number to enable the couriers to contact you regarding deliveries). Card details are destroyed immediately after payment has been taken.
Brinsea Products Ltd takes the risk of internet fraud very seriously. With the volume of fraudulent credit card transactions increasing, Brinsea Products Ltd makes every effort to ensure all orders are thoroughly checked using the information already supplied. There is a possibility we may contact you to make additional security checks and we ask for your co-operation to enable us to complete them. Fraudulent transactions will not be tolerated by Brinsea Products Ltd and such transactions will be reported to the relevant authorities.
3. HOW DO WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may use and process the information you have provided for the purposes outlined below as well as for any purposes specified at the time of collection:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to fulfil a contract by providing the relevant online service or information which you have requested, such as fulfilling your order;
- to deal with your enquiries;
- to pursue our business interests to collect statistics, responses to any surveys and questionnaires, traffic patterns and related website information, including data analytics;
- if you consent, we may use your information to contact you via email, SMS or social media channels about our new developments, services and any other information we think may be of interest to you.
- to put your email and preference data in a marketing database that is used to send you email marketing should you give us permission to do so. You may unsubscribe at any time by simply clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in the email;
- we may pass on your details where, acting in good faith, we believe disclosure is necessary to assist in the investigation or reporting of suspected illegal or other wrongful activity. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- to protect and defend our rights or property.
- to deal with any misuse of any online services.
- in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements with third parties.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third party data processers who may process data on our behalf to enable us to carry out our usual business practices.
4. DATA RETENTION
We retain the information we collect for as long as necessary to provide the services and any other products and services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
5. YOUR RIGHTS
- you have the right to opt out of receiving any marketing information which we send you.
- if our processing of Personal Data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent for future processing at any time by contacting us. Please note, however, that we may still be entitled to process your Personal Data if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- you have the right to obtain information regarding the processing of your Personal Data and access to the Personal Data which we hold about you. We will provide this within one month of the receipt of request.
- you have the right to request that we correct your Personal Data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We will correct any inaccuracies you report as soon as reasonably possible.
- you have the right to request that we erase your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- you have the right to request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict our processing of your Personal Data but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- you have the right to lodge a complaint with your Data Protection Authority. In the U.K, this is the Information Commissioner's Office.
- if you wish to opt out of the marketing we sent you, please contact: email@example.com
If you wish for further information, or wish to exercise any other right, please visit: www.gov.uk/data-protection
Cookies (and similar technologies) are small files which are sent by websites and stored on your device. They collect information about how the website is being used by those accessing it and allow websites to remember information. You can find out more about cookies at http://www.whatarecookies.com/
Most devices will automatically accept all cookies. However, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are refused. Guidance on how to change your settings can be found at the website referred to above or look at the 'help' menu of your device. Please be aware however that blocking cookies may hamper the website's functionality or restrict how much of the website you can access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with (them or) you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Brinsea or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply - https://brinsea.co.uk/our-3-year-guarantee and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Brinsea Products Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
8. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY & COOKIES POLICY
HOW USERS CAN CONTACT US:
Tel: 0345 226 0120 (local rate) or +44 1934 417523